Monday, August 27, 2012

ADB Designs does it AGAIN!!! New Kit in the Great Loves Series!

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE ADB Design's kits, especially for my older photos!! They just complement them beautifully!!! I love the vintage looking elements and the rich gorgeous papers!!! The newest in ADB's series Great Loves is Aida & Radames  Right now this kit is 30% off at The Studio!


I am in love with the pink, blue, reddish color palette!!! Makes for beautiful dramatic pages!!

In case you are not familiar with Aida and Radames' Love Story, here is a little bit on them "Aida & Radames are the tragic lovers from the Verdi opera, Aida. The setting is ancient Egypt and Aida is a Nubian Princess being held as a slave to the Pharaoh's daughter, Amneris. Aida keeps her royal heritage a secret, and falls in love with Radames, the new commander of the Egyptian army and Amneris's betrothed.  Radames leads the army against Nubia capturing the Nubian ruler, AIda's father.  Father and daughter are reunited and Amneris discovers AIda's love for Radames with tragic results."  Here is a link the synopsisprovided by the Metropolitan Opera for those who would like to read more.

Kit contents: 31 papers [11 Egyptian themed vintage papers, 10 embossed solids and a bonus of 10 window pane patterned solids] and 41 unique and beautiful elements.


Here is one of my layouts that I made with this beautiful kit!




We also got a bonus this week!! ADB Designs also put out another kit called Midnight Curfew This one is 50% OFF right now and you get a bonus some FREE clusters!!!

Of course this kit is just as gorgeous as all of her kits are!! check this out!



Here is what I made with this kit!





This next layout when I went to make it, I really wanted to use this one picture of my Grandmother (my father's mother) she passed a while back and I love scrapping with pictures of her as it brings back so many great memories. I loved the picture that I used but before I could even start a layout I needed to fix the picture. Some how the original had been almost ruined, it had these dark speckles on it, but I scanned it anyway. 

If you are ever looking photo editing actions for photoshop or photoshop PSE please check out Paint the Moon   I purchased her PSE Bundle of The Essentials and Miracle Makeover and haven't regretted it a second!!! I use them daily on all my photos. Well I thought what the heck, let me try it with an older photo. Here is the photo before I began the restoration.



Using the spot healing brush along with her baby soft skin action, twinkle eyes action and just playing with this and that...I ended up with a photo I could use in my layout and you can see what a classic Italian beauty she was!



I probably could have done some more work on it...it isn't perfect, but it is a photo that is probably 65 years old so I don't want it to look new, but I love how it came out and I think she would have loved this layout!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by Sarah Bryan using digital supplies by 2 Curly Headed Monsters Designs.